Latest Anna Greenwood Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com – Your Universe Online A new study on the schooling habits of fish could provide new insights into the social behaviors and natural variations of humans. Published on Thursday in the journal Current Biology, the new study was able to trace the tendency and the aptitude for schooling to different genomic regions in the threespine stickleback, a small fish that lives in the Northern Hemisphere. "The motivation to be social is common among fish and...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.