Latest Anorthosite Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online University of Michigan scientists have found traces of water from a lunar sample brought back during the Apollo 15 mission. The lunar sample, known as "Genesis Rock," was thought to be a piece of the moon's primordial crust, and researchers writing in Nature Geoscience are now reporting they have found traces of water in the rock. The traces of water were detected within the crystalline structure of mineral samples taken from...
Gravity West Mining Corp. (TSX VENTURE: GRW) is pleased to announce that it has received surface samples results of massive ilmenite samples from the Saint Urbain Titanium Project indicating average 42.08% Titanium Oxide (TiO2) and 52.73% Iron Oxide (Fe2O3) with a combined average of 94.81% iron and titanium oxides. The samples were collected during a reconnaissance fieldwork program carried out from August 11-15, 2008. The purpose of the fieldwork was to assess the potential of the property...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.