Latest Anote Tong Stories
President Anote Tong of Kiribati announces the closure of the Phoenix Islands Protected Area, the largest and deepest UNESCO World Heritage site, to commercial fishing at the U.S. State Department ‘Our Ocean’ Conference. Tarawa, Kiribati/ Boston/Arlington, VA (PRWEB) June 16, 2014 In his opening remarks today at the U.S. State Department led-Our Ocean Conference hosted by U.S. Secretary of State John F. Kerry in Washington, D.C., President Anote Tong of the Republic of Kiribati...
"You will not be refugees," says Fijian President during state visit. SUVA, Fiji, Feb. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Fiji will ensure that the people of Kiribati have a home if their country is submerged by the rising sea level as a result of climate change, said the President of the Republic of Fiji, Ratu Epeli Nailatikau. The president made the announcement during his state visit to Kiribati this week, confirming the suggestion made recently by Fiji's Prime Minister, Voreqe...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.