Bacillus anthracis is a Gram-positive spore-forming, rod-shaped bacterium, with a width of 1-1.2Âµm and a length of 3-5Âµm. It can grow in aerobic or anaerobic conditions. It is the only known bacterium to synthesize a protein capsule and the only pathogenic bacterium to carry its own adenylyl cyclase virulence factor. They form oval spores located centrally in a non-swollen sporangium. These spores are highly resilient and can survive extreme temperatures, low-nutrient environments, and...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.