Aplomado Falcon Reference Libraries
The Aplomado Falcon, (Falco femoralis), is a species of bird of prey of Central and South America. It is found from Northern Mexico and Trinidad to southern South America, although it has been exterminated in many areas of its range, including almost all of northern and central Mexico. Its widest range is found in South America, except for the deep interior of the Amazon Basin. Its habitat is...
The Bat Falcon, (Falco rufigularis), is a species of bird of prey found in Mexico, Central and South America and Trinidad. It was formerly known as Falco albigularis. Its habitats are open woodlands and forest clearings. The adult female Bat Falcon measures 12 inches in length while the male is smaller, at 9 inches. The adult has a black back, head and tail. The throat, upper breast and neck...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.