Apollo spacecraft Reference Libraries
David Scott was a NASA astronaut who was the seventh person to walk on the Moon and the first person to drive on the Moon. He was born David Randolph Scott on June 6, 1932 on Randolph Air Force Base near San Antonio, Texas. As a child, he was active in the Boy Scouts of America and graduated from The Western High School in Washington, D.C. in June 1949, as an honor student and a record setting...
Orion is a spacecraft design that is being developed by the United States space agency NASA. When completed, each Orion spacecraft will carry a crew of up to six astronauts. Along with Orion, the Ares I launch vehicle is also being developed. Orion and Ares I are both part of NASA's Project Constellation. The project should be complete in 2010, when NASA wants to start planning on sending human...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.