Latest App4Math Stories
DALLAS, July 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- For a lot of students, no class conjures up feelings of anxiety more than math class. Sometimes just walking into a math classroom is enough to cause distress. Math anxious kids aren't always just 'stressed out' or dislike math; many feel they are unable to succeed in mathematics. They may have struggled in the past and are convinced they'll always have trouble. Signs of math anxiety "Math anxiety is a self-fulfilling prophecy," says Holly Larsson, a...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.