Latest Application checkpointing Stories
U.S. researchers are perfecting simulations that show a nuclear weapon's performance in precise molecular detail, tools that are becoming critical for national defense because international treaties forbid the detonation of nuclear test weapons. The simulations must be operated on supercomputers containing thousands of processors, but doing so has posed reliability and accuracy problems, said Saurabh Bagchi, an associate professor in Purdue University's School of Electrical and Computer...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.