Water pollution is the contamination of bodies of water including rivers, oceans, lakes, aquifers and groundwater. Water pollution is when pollutants are discharged directly or indirectly into a body of water without adequate treatment to remove harmful compounds. Water pollution affects the plants and organisms that reside in these bodies of water. In almost all of the cases the effect is damaging not only to individual species and populations, but to the natural biological communities as...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.