Latest Arcachon Stories
A series of Five-Star villas will be announced each week by the Award Winning Travel Service with an emphasis on Classic Villas in Europe. This week the spotlight shines on the Amalfi Coast of Italy and the Arcachon Bay on the French Atlantic Coast Newport Beach, CA (PRWEB) May 01, 2012 Private Trade Winds is actively revamping its portfolio by hand-selecting villas that appeal to those seeking a culturally rich and diverse travel experience. Last week the company surprised its clients...
Climate change is now threatening France's Aquitaine coast, which stretches north from the Spanish border to the Gironde River, causing erosion that is endangering coastal communities. In 2006 the European LIFE program identified 13 coastal communities as hotspots for erosion. "There is a lack of sand on the beaches, because of a period of warming -- climate change," says Cyril Mallet, of the French geology and mining research agency BRGM. Climate change means more erosion for the area,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.