Latest Argentine University Federation Stories
International sports federations would like to be able to follow the movements of individual athletes more easily during televised matches, even when they're hidden from view. Today, EPFL's Computer Vision Laboratory announces an innovative system that accomplishes this task -- and the implications go far beyond sports. EPFL's Computer Vision Laboratory (CVLab), led by professor Pascal Fua, now has a new tool that makes it possible to follow multiple players at once on a field or court,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.