Latest Arlington National Cemetery Stories
Hundreds of thousands of roses to be placed on graves of soldiers at Arlington National Cemetery & cemeteries across the country. WASHINGTON, May 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Volunteers throughout the nation are joining together for the fourth year this Memorial Day to honor the nation's fallen heroes by placing roses on graves at Arlington National Cemetery and cemeteries around the country. The Memorial Day Flowers Foundation, a charitable organization created by a Ramiro Penaherrera...
Guards at Arlington National Cemetery put essay contest winners at ease as they marched with the children to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Delray Beach, Fla. (PRWEB) July 26, 2012 Four students from the Children of America Educational Childcare & Academy in Crofton, Md., recently experienced the high honor of laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Students were chosen to participate in the ceremony in Washington, D.C., based on essays they wrote that addressed what...
WASHINGTON, March 21, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- When the United States' most hallowed cemetery was rocked with scandal in 2010, Secretary of the Army John McHugh established a hierarchy to make sure incidents like graves being mismarked and unmarked, burial urns being unearthed and dumped out, and millions of dollars being mismanaged never happens again. A key player in that hierarchy, Kathryn Condon, pledged to The American Legion today that she'll do everything in her power to...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.