Armenian cucumber Reference Libraries
Image Caption: Holothuria tubulosa. Credit: Rpillon/Wikipedia (CC BY-SA 3.0) The tubular sea cucumber (Holothuria tubulosa), commonly known as the cotton-spinner, is the type species of its genus, Holothuria. It can be found in eastern areas of the Atlantic Ocean, with a range that extends as far as the Bay of Biscay to the north, in the Mediterranean Sea. It prefers a habitat within...
Image Caption: Holothuria mexicana. Credit: Daniel Hershman / Wikipedia (CC BY 2.0) The donkey dung sea cucumber (Holothuria mexicana) can be found in areas of the Caribbean, with a range that stretches into southern waters of Brazil. It prefers to reside in shallow waters between depths of about seven feet and sixty-six feet, in clear sandy areas located in mangroves, seagrass beds, and...
The Black Sea Cucumber (Holothuria atra), also known as the Lollyfish, is a species of marine invertebrate in the Holothuriidae family. It is found in the Indo-Pacific ocean region, extending from the Red Sea and East Africa to Australia. It is found on the seabed, in shallow waters on reefs and sand flats and in sea grass meadows at depths up to 66 feet. It prefers reef flats where it is...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.