Latest Arthur Virgilio Stories
BRASILIA, Brazil (Reuters) - A senator's remark in Congress that President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva is an idiot or corrupt on Thursday set off tempers and halted a congressional probe into a scandal threatening the government. Sen. Arthur Virgilio was referring to the unfolding corruption scandal in which Lula's Workers' Party is said to have bribed lawmakers of other parties in Congress to push through government measures. "We are being governed by at least an idiot," said Virgilio,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.