Latest artificial earth satellite Stories
Text of report by North Korean radio broadcasting to South Korea on 30 August [Unattributed talk: "Launch of Kwangmyo'ngso'ng-1 That Manifested the National Strength of Juche Korea"] We will carry a talk entitled, "The Launch of Kwangmyo'ngso'ng-1 That Manifested the National Strength of Juche Korea." It is already the 10th anniversary of the day that Kwangmyo'ngso'ng-1, our country's first artificial earth satellite, was launched. On 30 August, Juche 87, 1998, the day that in retrospect...
Text of report by state-run North Korean radio on 31 August [Unattributed talk: "Our Rapidly Developing Science and Technology"] Ten years ago from today on 31 August Juche 77 (1998) - this is the day when Kwangmyo'ngso'ng-1, our first artificial earth satellite, flew to space and startled the world. Our army and people are not able to forget the deep emotion and jubilation of that day when the nation had seethed and the world had throbbed with excitement. Our rapidly developing science...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.