Latest Atari, Inc. Stories
- Published by Atari Inc.
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate(TM) Now Available - NEW YORK, April 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Atari, one of the world's most recognized video game publishers, today announced that the first Neverwinter Nights(TM) 2 Adventure Pack has been released exclusively for digital download.
- Return of Best-Selling Franchise with Huge Roster of Celebrity-Inspired Parodies, Available in Stores Now - NEW YORK, March 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- "Let's Get Ready To Rumble(R)" again! Atari announces that the hilarious Ready 2 Rumble: Revolution is fighting its way onto store shelves today.
- Extras Include Exclusive New Ship, 60 Days of Free Game Time, Instant War Access and More - NEW YORK, Feb.
HIGHLY ANTICIPATED MOVIE FRANCHISE GAMING TITLES AND BEST SELLING BOXING SERIES HEADLINE ROSTER GHOSTBUSTERS: THE VIDEO GAME PLAYABLE, PLUS EXCLUSIVE FIRST PUBLIC HANDS-ON FOR THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK: ASSAULT ON DARK ATHENA NEW YORK, Feb.
- Use the Stylus to Dash to Your Date on Time in 'The Chase: Felix Meets Felicity', Atari's Original Platformer on Nintendo DS(TM) - NEW YORK, Jan.
- ALL NEW ADVENTURE INSPIRED BY BLOCKBUSTER GHOSTBUSTERS FILM FRANCHISE AND WRITTEN BY DAN AYKROYD AND HAROLD RAMIS SET TO HIT RETAILERS IN JUNE 2009 - - VIDEO GAME PART OF MAJOR 25TH ANNIVERSARY GHOSTBUSTERS CELEBRATION - NEW YORK, Jan.
The 36-year-old Atari brand is looking to reclaim a stake of the videogame landscape.
Atari ships The Tale of Despereaux: The Game, featuring the voice of Emma Watson and other cast members, to retailers to tie in with big screen release from Universal Pictures NEW YORK, Dec. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Atari, Inc.
- The Best-Selling Boxing Franchise Returns with a Huge Roster of Celebrity-inspired Fighters Looking to Land the KO Punch in Spring 2009 - NEW YORK, Dec.
The Atari 5200 is a video game system that is manufactured by Atari Inc., and was introduced in 1982. It was the successor to the Atari 2600, but did not do as well commercially, mainly from its incompatibility with the 2600’s library of games. In 1983, two port models were released along with an adapter to allow the 5200 to play all 2600 games. On May 21, 1984 Atari released the Atari 7800 and discontinued production of the 5200. Atari released the 400/800 computers to compete with...
Image Caption: An Atari 2600 four-switch "wood veneer" version, dating from 1980-1982. Shown with standard joystick. Credit: Evan-Amos/Wikipedia The Atari 2600, originally named VCS, was released in October 1977 by Atari Inc. It is a video game console using cartridges for game play instead of having the software built into the system. In 1978 only 550,000 units were sold out 0f 800,000 that were manufactured. Once the public realized pong was not the only video game to play, enthusiasm...
- An imitative word; an onomatopoetic word.