Latest August 2009 Sumatra earthquake Stories
Indonesia may be looking at a catastrophe as a huge tsunami-generating earthquake is possibly expected to hit the city of Padang and the island of Sumatra. A warning was issued by a scientist who miraculously predicted the quake that hit Sumatra in 2005. The warning was issued in a letter to the journal Nature Geoscience. The peril comes from a relentless buildup of pressure over the last two centuries on a section of the Sunda Trench, one of the world's most notorious earthquake zones, which...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.