Latest Aullwood Audubon Center and Farm Stories
By Meredith Moss Staff Writer BUTLER TWP. -- Her house, she said, looked like a "war zone-- a 200-year-old beech tree had demolished the garage, she had no power and no water. But Carol Powell and her husband, Duncan, showed up Saturday night, Sept. 20, nevertheless. "Because I care about Aullwood," explained the Clayton woman. So did 150 others who came to celebrate Aullwood Audubon Center and Farm at the nature preserve's cozy annual fundraiser. It wasn't just the guests who...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.