Latest Automotive industry in the United States Stories
ARLINGTON, Va., Aug. 6 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The statement below from Michael J. Stanton, President and CEO of the Association of International Automobile Manufacturers (AIAM), was released following the U.S. Senate's passage of H.R. 3435, a bill making supplemental appropriations available for fiscal year 2009 for the Consumer Assistance to Recycle and Save (CARS) Program. "AIAM welcomes today's action by the Senate which, along with the House of Representatives, supported additional...
Chevrolet, also known as Chevy, is an automobile brand produced by American automaker General Motors (GM). Louis Chevrolet and General Motors founder William C. Durant founded the company on November 3, 1911 as the Chevrolet Motor Car Company. Durant also acquired a controlling stake in General Motors with a reverse merger occurring on May 2, 1918 became the GM president. He was forced out for a second time in 1919. The Chevrolet brand become the volume leader in the General Motors family...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.