Latest Avon Foundation for Women Stories
Initiative Supports Victims of Extreme Forms of Gender-Based Violence and Creates Global Criminal Justice Responses in India, Mexico, Nepal, South Africa and other countries WASHINGTON, March 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Global Partnership to End Violence Against Women, a collaboration of Vital Voices Global Partnership, the Avon Foundation for Women and the U.S. Department of State, today presented a new initiative to address gender-based violence: the Gender-Based Violence...
Unequal access to diagnosis and treatment results in deaths of 1,710 black women annually NEW YORK, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A national study published today found a black: white disparity in breast cancer mortality in 39 of the most populous U.S. cities, with 35 of those cities experiencing a widening disparity over a 20-year period from 1990 to 2009. The 2014 Racial Disparity in Breast Cancer Mortality Study is the largest study of its kind and the first to examine racial...
The Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center at Baylor College of Medicine has received a $250,000, one-year award from the Avon Foundation for Women for support of BCM's efforts to provide breast cancer care at the Harris County Hospital District's Ben Taub General Hospital. The grant was awarded in a special dedication ceremony Sunday, April 22, at the closing of the Fifth Annual Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Houston. Dr. Mothaffar Rimawi, medical director of the Lester and Sue Smith Breast...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.