Latest Avril Day-Jones Stories
An international team of astronomers have discovered a unique and exotic star system with a very cool methane-rich (or T-) dwarf star and a "Ëdying' white dwarf stellar remnant in orbit around each other. The system is a "ËRosetta Stone' for T-dwarf stars, giving scientists the first good handle on their mass and age. The team, led by Dr Avril Day-Jones of the Universidad de Chile and including Dr David Pinfield of the University of Hertfordshire as well as astronomers...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.