Babiana Reference Libraries
The Baboon Flower, or Babiana stricta, the most familiar species of Babiana, grows in Cape Province, South Africa. This plant is typically used as an ornamental plant. It is classified in the Iridaceae family and the Crocoideae subfamily. The baboon flower grows from a corm into not so large, but very colorful blooms. It exists in many different hybrids and variations with multi colored...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.