Latest Back Creek Stories
By PAMELA WOOD Staff Writer Annapolis Mayor Ellen O. Moyer has an idea for improving the health of the city's creeks: install artificial, wetlands-covered islands. She's asking the state for money to cover the installation of a test island on Back Creek as part of a larger grant application for environmental projects. "If this does for our waters what they've done in other waters, this could be a real boon to moving forward on clean water initiatives in our creeks," Ms. Moyer said....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.