Latest Badger-baiting Stories
Two young Scottish men admitted badger baiting Thursday after police found videotape on a social networking site that showed a badger being killed. Sean Dodds and Kyle Lawrie, both Hawick residents, could be sentenced to as much as three years in prison, The Scotsman reported. They pled guilty in Jedburgh Sheriff's Court. Badgers live in connected networks of tunnels and burrows called setts. Badger baiting is an old sport in Europe but has been banned in Britain since the early 19th...
The Glen of Imaal Terrier was developed in Ireland as a hunting breed. It is a dog in the terrier group which excels in fox hunting and badger baiting. The breed stands about 14 inches tall on average and weighs approximately 35 pounds. Its coat is medium long and is brindle, blue, or a wheaten color. The breed has a high prey drive, and can tend to be dog-aggressive if not properly trained and socialized; however, it is generally a passive breed. Photo Copyright and Credit
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.