Latest BAE Taranis Stories
FARNBOROUGH, England, July 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Farnborough Airshow -- The U.K.'s unveiling of its Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle (UCAV) technology demonstrator, the Taranis, is featured in this week's issue of Aviation Week & Space Technology. AVIATION WEEK's London Bureau Chief, Douglas Barrie, provides analysis and context in light of London's efforts to plan its future combat aircraft mix. "The U.K.'s Taranis is a significant step toward a low-observable unmanned combat air vehicle, but...
United Kingdom's Ministry of Defence recently unveiled a prototype of its first long-range unmanned combat air vehicle (UCAV). The concept plane, named Taranis, is the Ministry's first step in the development of unmanned strike aircraft. It is designed for long-range strikes capable of penetrating enemy territory. It has taken over three million man hours to design and produce. Defence Minister Gerald Howarth said it was a "truly trailblazing project." The project featured "the best of our...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.