Latest Baptistina family Stories
NASA said on Monday that the family of asteroids believed to be responsible for the destruction of dinosaurs is innocent. Observations made by NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) confirmed that a 2007 study's claims that a huge asteroid known as Baptistina destroyed the dinosaurs was false. Although the new discovery has abolished one theory of how the dinosaurs ceased to exist, it did not bring about any new theories on the topic. The original theory used...
The impactor believed to have wiped out the dinosaurs and other life forms on Earth some 65 million years ago has been traced back to a breakup event in the main asteroid belt. The finding provides insights into one of the most important extinction events in Earth's history. Known as the Cretaceous-Tertiary (K-T) extinction, this impact event signaled a dramatic change in the evolutionary history of Earth. Understanding the origins and effects of this event can not only teach us about the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.