Latest Barbara Sahakian Stories
Peter Suciu for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online Many people have likely called in sick from work opting for a personal “mental health day.” While this could just be a fancy excuse to play hooky from work, researchers are finding that actual brain health could be just as important a physical health. Professor Barbara Sahakian, of the University of Cambridge neuroscience department, has focused much of her gray matter studies on the understanding of the neural basic...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.