Latest Bart Graves Stories
PHOENIX, Arizona (Reuters) - A female corrections officer was being held hostage by a male inmate late Monday inside a medium-security unit at a state prison in southern Arizona, a prison official said. Negotiations aimed at freeing the officer have been on-going since the unidentified inmate took her hostage at about 4:30 p.m. local time at the Santa Rita Unit, one of 10 units at the Arizona State Prison Complex-Tucson, said Bart Graves, a prison spokesman. The complex is about 10...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.