Latest Base Jumpers Stories
Police in Indianapolis said they have received two recent reports of base jumpers parachuting from buildings in the city's downtown. Investigators said a jumper described as a man around the age of 20 could face burglary and trespassing charges for using a fake ID to gain access to the top floor of the 21-story Barton Tower Apartments and prying open a fire exit before parachuting from the building Sept. 16, the Indianapolis Star reported Tuesday. Police said the man was see driving away from...
By Adam Tanner TWIN FALLS, Idaho (Reuters) - Steve Anderton climbed over the chest-high metal railing of the Perrine Bridge and planted his feet onto a tiny wooden platform little bigger than his two hiking boots. He paused for a few seconds as he looked out at the Snake River 480 feet below and jumped. While extending both arms, he curled up his body to flip backward and release a parachute, which allowed him to steer to the side of the riverbank in a safe landing. Dare trying a...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.