Latest Bastrop State Park Stories
Texas wildlife officials have released 360 Houston toads born and raised in the Houston Zoo, hoping they can replenish the wild population. A total of 140 toads were delivered Monday evening to Bastrop State Park in Bastrop County east of Austin. The rest were released in suitable habitat in Austin County, west of Houston. At this point, it's triage, Michael Forstner, a Texas State University-San Marcos biologist, told The Austin American-Statesman. The population is still declining. The...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.