Latest Beagle 2: Evolution Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online Colin Pillinger, the British space scientist best known for a failed 2003 attempt to land a spacecraft on Mars, has died at the age of 70, his family and colleagues confirmed to various media outlets on Thursday. According to BBC News, Pillinger suffered a brain hemorrhage and fell into a coma while at his Cambridge home. He later passed away at Addenbrooke's Hospital without regaining consciousness, his family said in a...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.