Latest Beautiful Boy: A Father's Journey Through His Son's Addiction Stories
By DAVID STEINBERG Of the Journal Harry Haines will sign copies of his debut novel, "Orphan," at two Albuquerque locations this week -- 7-9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 10, at Barnes & Noble in Coronado Shopping Center and 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 11, at Hastings Supercenter, 4315 Wyoming NE. Orphan is the name given a twoweek-old colt that is the only survivor of an accident on I-40 just west of Amarillo. A veterinarian is asked to care for the colt. No one claims it, but the colt becomes the...
HOLLYWOOD, Calif., April 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Paramount Pictures announced today that it has purchased the screen rights to the current New York Times non-fiction bestsellers Beautiful Boy: A Father's Journey Through His Son's Addiction by David Sheff and Tweak: Growing Up on Methamphetamines by Nic Sheff, for development and feature film production by Plan B. The critically lauded Beautiful Boy, published by Houghton Mifflin Co., chronicles the teenage Nic Sheff's descent into...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.