Latest Bell Atlantic Communications Stories
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Verizon Communications Inc. will pay a total of $48.9 million to settle old lawsuits claiming its predecessor telephone companies NYNEX and Bell Atlantic discriminated against pregnant women, a government agency said on Monday. According to court papers submitted in U.S. District Court in Manhattan by Verizon and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, more than $25.3 million has been paid so far and another $23.6 million will be paid in pension...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.