Latest benign tumors Stories
Uterine leiomyomata, or fibroids, are benign tumors that nevertheless affect the health of millions of women. They may cause, for instance, pain, bleeding and infertility. Fibroids are also the most common reason for a hysterectomy; for example, some 8,000 hysterectomies are made in Finland each year. Scientists at the Academy of Finland's Centre of Excellence in Cancer Genetics Research have identified the molecular mechanisms underlying the onset of common leiomyomata. The results of...
The English Cocker Spaniel is a hunting dog, used to drive game toward the guns. This breed has been around for over 500 years. During the mid 1800s, several types of dogs were classified as Cockers; however the breeds were reclassified later in the late 1800s once breed standards were developed. There are two types of Cocker Spaniel, the American and the English. These were shown together until 1936, when the English Cocker received status as a separate breed. The two somewhat resemble each...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.