Latest Berkeley Unified School District Stories
By Doug Oakley Candidates running for Berkeley's two open school board seats are offering a wide range of issues they plan to champion if they win in the November election. While the candidates generally agree that closing the academic performance gap between white and non white-students is important, other issues highlighted in the race include equal access to education among economic and racial classes, keeping music and art classes alive, adding more classrooms and making the district...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.