Latest Berkley Lab Stories
An international team of physicists collaborating on a neutrino experiment that began six years ago released their first results on Thursday, and they report that for the first time they have witnessed an elusive process in which one type of these subatomic particles transforms into another. The findings originate from the Daya Bay Reactor Neutrino Experiment, the first equal collaboration between scientists from the US and China which began in 2006 and has since gained financial,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.