Latest Berlin Zoo Stories
Knut, Berlin Zoo's superstar polar bear, has died at the age of four. "Everyone is just in shock here," said Claudia Bienek, a spokeswoman for the Berlin Zoo in the German capital while discussing the death of Knut, a beloved zoo resident. Knut died unexpectedly while in his enclosure. As a cub in 2007, Knut, was rejected by his mother and had been reared by zookeepers. Captive polar bears generally live to be around 35 years of age. Knut was only four years and three months old. He was...
World News IN BRIEF *BERLIN A north German zoo is suing its Berlin rival for a share of profits from Knut, the polar bear who is Berlin Zoo's star resident. Neumuenster Zoo owns Knut's father, Lars, and claims it legally owns Knut under a deal with Berlin Zoo. Since his birth in 2006, Knut has received a Hollywood film offer and appeared on the cover of Vanity Fair. Last year, he drew 3.2 million visitors to Berlin Zoo, an increase of 27 per cent since 2006. (c) 2008 Independent, The;...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.