Latest Beta Centauri Stories
To: EDUCATION EDITORS Contact: Ela Bittencourt of the Richard and Mica Hadar Foundation, +1-917-859-4675, Hadarfoundation@yahoo.com NEW YORK, Sept. 8 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Richard and Mica Hadar Foundation is proud to announce that 13 of its scholarship recipients have recently graduated from college. They join a select group of 129 scholars who have completed college education since the foundation's inception in 1993. The Hadar scholars, whose overall college success rate has...
Alpha Centauri -- Alpha Centauri is the brightest star system in the southern constellation of Centaurus, and is the third brightest in the entire night sky (although too far south to be visible in most of the northern hemisphere). It is also the closest star system to Earth. It bears the proper name Rigil Kentaurus (often shortened to Rigil Kent), meaning "foot of the centaur" in Arabic, but is nonetheless usually referred to by its Bayer designation Alpha Centauri. Alpha Centauri is...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.