Beta Ceti Reference Libraries
Cetus Constellation -- Cetus (the Whale or Sea Monster) is a constellation of the southern sky, in the region known as the Water, near other watery constellations like Aquarius, Pisces, and Eridanus. Notable features This constellation's most notable star is Mira, Î¿ Ceti, the first variable star to be discovered. Over a period of 331.65 days it varies from magnitude 2.0, one of the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.