Latest Betula glandulosa Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Geneticists at Queen Mary University of London have successfully sequenced the genetic code of a birch tree, according to their report in the journal Molecular Ecology. The sequencing of the dwarf birch could ultimately assist in its conservation throughout the United Kingdom, where its small population is considered vulnerable to a potential pest invasion. "Dwarf birch is an excellent model for birch genomics, as its small...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.