Latest Beverly Palmer Stories
A stranger's gaze may mean a lot, a new study says HealthDay News -- When a woman walks into a crowded room, what her eyes do in the first few seconds may determine how attractive she is to any man meeting her gaze. If she turns her eyes deliberately toward a particular man, he immediately rates her as more likeable and physically attractive, new research shows. If she glances at him but then turns her eyes away, that same man will rate her as considerably less sexy. "Our impressions of...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.