Latest Bezos Stories
When the news broke on June 24 that microblogging sensation Twitter picked up new venture investors, including Amazon (AMZN) founder Jeff Bezos, the company -- as luck would have it -- was suffering a service outage. "Twitter is stressing out a bit right now, so this feature is temporarily disabled," read the message. Trouble is, that message and others like it have become all too common on Twitter. The site, a tool that lets some one million people exchange brief 140-character messages,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.