Latest Bicycle Stories
A Washington DC man who had his bicycle stolen turned the tables on the thief, taking back the vehicle after seeing it advertised on a popular Internet classifieds website, various news outlets reported late last week. The story of Danny Lesh, which was first reported by NBC Washington's Richard Jordan Thursday, "isn't the biggest news of the day, nor the most dramatic, but it's an absolute inspiration to those of us who love our bikes and fear having them stolen," Adam Martin of the...
A surge in bicycle accidents in Central Texas has shined a spotlight on the need for tougher laws, safer pathways and improved education for drivers sharing roadways with cyclists across the state, said attorneys at The Carlson Law Firm, who are also active in the cycling community. Killeen, TX (PRWEB) May 05, 2012 The outcry by cyclists to improve safety brought hundreds of bicyclists and safety advocates together in “Pedaling for Safer Roads,” on Thursday night, bringing...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.