Big Rip Reference Libraries
Accelerating universe -- In the late 1990s, observations of type I supernova produced the unexpected result that the expansion of the universe appears to be accelerating. These observations appear more firm as new data has appeared. This means that the speed with which a distant galaxy recedes from us increases over time. If this trend continues, eventually we won't be able to see any...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.