Latest Bill Brockmiller Stories
By Marc Wehrs, La Crosse Tribune, Wis. Jul. 25--One described himself as an "ex-fatty kid from Louisiana who lived on bearnaise sauce" and didn't exercise -- at all -- until after college. The other didn't merely exercise, he was a star high school athlete and Harvard University quarterback. But Richard Simmons and U.S Rep. Ron Kind now have at least this much in common: They testified Thursday, along with 1987 Heisman Trophy winner Tim Brown, before the House Education and Labor...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.