Latest BIMBILNA Stories
By Ed Harris BIMBILNA, Eritrea (Reuters) - Grandmother Lemlem Ghilazgi used to spend hours every day hunting for scarce firewood around her small village in southwest Eritrea. The Horn of Africa nation has lost 95 percent of its forests in the last 100 years because of drought, a growing population and a 30-year battle for independence during which many trees were chopped down to deny hiding places to combatants. A third of Eritrea's population -- more than 1 million people -- were...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.