Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry Reference Libraries
Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry is a peer-reviewed academic journal established in 1979 under the title Journal of Applied Biochemistry and published by Academic Press. It assumed its present title in 1986 and publication was taken over by Portland Press in 1993. It is now published bimonthly by Wiley-Blackwell (since 2011). It is the official journal of the International Union of...
The Biochemical Journal is a peer-reviewed scientific journal published by Portland Press and was established in 1906 by Benjamin Moore, holder of the first UK chair of biochemistry at the University of Liverpool, with financial support from Edward Whitley, an heir of the Greenall Whitley brewers. The two served as the first editors and the journal was initially published by the Liverpool...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.