Latest Bipartisan Policy Center Stories
Approximately 28 percent of U.S. adults have several of the risk factors for pre-diabetes but only one out of six are aware of it, according to a study by the American Institutes for Research (AIR) that found providing services that would prevent or delay the onset of the disease could generate savings for the federal government and private providers. Washington, D.C. (PRWEB) May 28, 2013 Approximately 28 percent of U.S. adults have several of the risk factors for pre-diabetes but only one...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.