Latest Black Consciousness Movement Stories
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Former South African security policeman Gideon Nieuwoudt, who commanded the torture of anti-apartheid hero Steve Biko, has died at the age of 54 from cancer, SABC radio reported on Friday. Nieuwoudt was notorious as one of the apartheid government's most sinister operatives and was connected with several infamous cases which exposed the white government's brutality toward its political opponents. "Nieuwoudt was feared by the people that he interrogated,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.