Latest Bletchley Stories
The National Heritage Memorial Fund has saved an archive of WWII papers from the United Kingdom's most famous code-breaker, Alan Turing, in an 11th-hour bid that kept the collection of scientific papers from going to a private buyer. Turing, one of the founding fathers of modern computing and a key figure in breaking the German Enigma code, will now have his work kept in its "spiritual home," Bletchley Park, which was the center of Britain's top secret code-breaking effort during the war....
MILTON KEYNES, England and MENLO PARK, Calif., Sept. 9 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Museum of Computing at Bletchley Park has today received a major boost from PGP Corporation and IBM who have made contributions to help expand and modernise the museum and to enhance the educational opportunities it offers. This takes it one step closer to ensuring the long term survival of Europe's largest collection of fully functional computers. A dedicated website (http://www.pgp.com/stationx) to...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.